Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Family Dinner




Yesterday was Valentine's Day and to celebrate the occasion I decorated and cooked up an organic, gourmet meal for my husband and family.



I went to Delish.com and found a few recipes that I liked for the entrĂ©e, Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon, and the dessert, Romantic Molton Chocolate Cakes. I hit up allrecipes.com  for the Gourmet Mushroom Risotto, and myrecipes.com for the Raspberry Asparagus. I used all organic ingredients whenever possible in place of the conventional ingredients listed in the original recipes. I eat in season but made an exception for the holiday with the use of berries. 

The Main Course


The Molton Chocolate Cake

 It was divine!


No Valentine's Day is complete without chocolate covered strawberries. These are organic strawberries with organic chocolate.



Here is the recipe for the Molton Chocolate Cakes. I couldn't find it written, just the video (which is quite helpful) so I thought I would jot it down and make it easy on you. You will definitely want to make these!

Romantic Molton Chocolate Cakes

4 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 oz butter

2 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
4 oz sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt

4 Tbs flour (I used whole wheat pastry)

Strawberries
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Butter 4 or 5 4-6 oz ramekins

Melt Butter and chocolate in a saucepan on low heat. Do not let boil - just melt.

Turn off heat and in a bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients. Add the chocolate. Stir. Fold in flour. Pour into prepared ramekins and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and take a knife around the edges so that you can flip the over onto your plates. Dust with powdered sugar and arrange a sliced strawberry on top. Serve warm.

Yields 4 1/2 cakes. I needed 5 so I made 4 regular size and 1 half size for my youngest child.

These are delicious!

Enjoy!

Keep it Real!
~Sarah


1 comment: